Roots

> I just filled in a couple of facebook quizzes, just cause you know, they're there, one of which told me I'm Cyrus the Great. I didn't know who Cyrus is, so I wiki'd him: "the founder of the Persian Empire under the Achaemenid dynasty, which was an empire without precedent— a world-empire of major historical importance". Of course I'm not actually Cyrus the great, but eastern history is so cool XD

> Was contemplating life in a global manner the other night and realised that pretty much no matter what happens (or well, as far as i can foresee with the limited amount of sight that I have) the life I'm leading (and safe to say most of my friends, meaning you guys, are leading) is really awesome and nothing can really change that. I mean sure, things come and go that stress us out or put us down occassionally, but they come and they go. Overall everything is really so great and we're all so very blessed. Just making the observation really...

> Was listening to this song today while taking a break from trying to study:



Made me happy that summer's on it's way again, but more so than that, it reminded me of the times I've been through with people I've known and basically everything that's helped make me who I am over the years. I don't know why it did this, considering I only heard the song for the first time about a year ago... nonetheless I've now got this urge to go back to my roots and rediscover those things that are personal to me and my experience of life. I don't really know what brought this on, maybe a sense of feeling lost in myself lately... summat like that... more reflections and all things pensive to follow...maybe.

Out.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

space monkeys need to be brought back down before they do something stupid.

Laura Best said...

Hmm, thought you looked like you were having a bit of a "low" yesterday after the worship sesh. (if you actually weren't, blame my dodgy woman's intuition!) The rediscovery of roots is good fun though, if you can do it - I did it a few months back, and it's certainly interesting. Enjoy!

nessa said...

This blog made me happy in that nice calm way XD

Simon said...

i think the overall awesomness has to be elaborated.

krissie said...

That song was my ringtone for over a year. Like you said...it makes me think of my life and my friends and just makes me happy in general.
To be honest I've been thinking about what you said recently, cos I'm meeting so many new people, and I realised, we really do live truly awesome lives.

top