A crossing

Tell me where to go and I'll go.
Tell me what to do and give me the grace, and I'll do it.
Tell me what you want me to say, and I'll speak.
Show me where I should move and that's where I'll go.
That's where I want to be.

I wonder what you're thinking, if your thoughts are like mine.
I hear the words you're speaking, but they don't match the look in your eyes.
They're not the words I want to hear.
But neither are mine.
Tell me what you want me to speak, and I'll speak.
Tell me what's there in front of you, and I'll echo it back.
It's not the beginning, or the end, it's just a page in a book and a note in a symphony.
But if you want it to be there, it will be.

Where do you want me to go?
Where do you want me to be?
Is it where I'm going?
If it isn't, would you guide me?
If it is, would you tell me?
I think it is.

5 comments:

Laura Best said...

Please put this to music - it would be a cracking song. Very beautiful words.

Nessa said...

does it have music? I want to plaayy and sing...lets go play and singggg...

Simon said...

i'de like to play too if you don't mind...ill skip the singing though...
nice

Rachel said...

pretty (:

krissie said...

The juices are a-flowing I see :)

top