A night at the residence of Lady Loz

So so so so sooooo!!

Yesterday I went out for mother's day lunch with my mom and my grandparents, and returned home to get down to some much needed studying... which turned into repeated bouts of falling asleep in my reading chair... and evolved into going round to pick up simon to go to Laura's house for a dvd and some laughs. I will say this, I had a really, really good time. XD

Laura's apartment looks pretty much like any other single bedroom uni student-esque apartment I've seen, yet further probing revealed little bits of lay loz's personality which I found to be rather awesome and which I shall now share with you for you should appreciate the awesomeness of laura.

First off, the computer. A G4 macbook pro. Need I say more? Not just that but the top screen bit is customized with what I can only describe as parquee flooring for laptops. XD

Item number two: her mousepad is the rosetta stone. It didn't impress me when Simon pointed it out but then I actually saw it and well, it's the fracking rosetta stone!! Apparantly loz is somewhat of an egyptology enthusiast. Culture: check.

Item number three: the dvd collection. Bear in mind this is a single mid twenties girl we're talking about, so there are certain things you expect, such as 27 dresses, 27 dresses 2, mamma mia and several other musicals. What I didn't expect was all the Indiana Jones dvds, the original three Star Wars movies (episodes four through six), the Matrix trilogy and the Fifth Element. The Fifth Element!! I say no more.

The smithsonian choir was a good laugh, along with who knows how many things we got out of watching that. We really should make a proper spoof of the thing. I then subjected laura to brotherhood 2.0 and all things nerdfighteria. It is now only a matter of time XD

Having a bit of a John Mayer fest tonight. Man, it's just one of those times when I don't want to ask God for anything, but just thank Him for all that He's given.

Out.

6 comments:

krissie said...

You freak me out: My itunes is currently set on all things John Mayer.

I also find myself questioning why such an awesome sounding person has to move to Malta as soon as I leave. S'not fair. You made me crave my Indy DVDS. Sniff.

Simon said...

Well, it's not all about about you Krissie dearest...
Yes it was a fun evening...we were in a mood to find all things funny though. I still have to watch the fifth element...apperently IT'S A MUST

krissie said...

Well it should be Simon. At least some of the time.
And yes, it is a must. It's funny ^^

Laura Best said...

Dude, I'm actually, properly tearing up here! I'm torn between doing a geeky happy clappy dance around the flat and actually getting on a bus to wherever you happen to be and giving you a big ol' hug! Ok the hug may have to wait until I next see you, but - How sweet are you?! Thank you, thank you, thank you and I'm incredibly flattered you appreciate my tastes so! XD The Fifth Element evening is the next one then...

And Krissie - I have to meet you soon! Why are you not here?! From what I've heard, I've found in you a museum buddy, where you can weep at the paintings and I can weep at, well, the entire egyptology department. Deal?

Oooof, there's a lot of love in the room...

Simon said...

...ok...plan a date and let us know...or just give us a call half an hour before, to keep tradition... Matt, you realised how the 2guys and a girl just keeps happening?

krissie said...

I look forward to the weeping ^^...could I join you in the egyptology department though? My family and I are kind of egyptology freaks...I've been to the Cairo museum twice! And yes...I cried.

top