Art rant

Mornin'. Blogging so close to a previous entry isn't my usual thing, but I want to post something that I really like, though I think only Simon will really appreciate :P

Ian from three panel soul (and the late machall) recently did a pic for genericon. He's posted a video of him doing all the post-inking work on it. It's about 20 min long so unless you're really into this thing i think you'll lose interest fast. The fact that there's no commentary is a shame, would have learnt a lot more from it, but damn does it take a lot of work to make these things. This vid showed me, at least, how much artistic knowledge it takes, both in colour and light.

Though I think I've sussed out Ian's method to his style:
1. Keep designs simple and expressive
2. Have a good knowledge of colour (you'll need it for base colouring)
3. Go friggin nuts with the shading
4. Make final touches that I can't even conceive

Anyways, back to braincells for the day, got me last exam tomorrow morning, have no idea how it's going to go... ...community weekend starts tomorrow though :D

Out.

1 comments:

Simon said...

Oh my MONKEY!!!
How...I mean...wha-...i mean SERIOUSLY!!! How does he look ahead like that?
I mean....
I need a kick ass profesional graphic tablet..or a cintiq tablet..that would be better...i need to get my photoshop on!!

top