Roll on the 8

I went to watch The Golden Compass yesterday... Now, I am not going to make any relevance to religious issues, or even to the books for that matter, but to give my opinion on it as a film, well.... it was pretty bad. For one thing, the story isn't interesting, you don't really want to know what happens next. This is basically because it looks like they tried to cram in a lot of story into 2 hours, so everything moves really fast. You have new charatcers coming in every 15 minutes and you never get any insight into any of them at all. Except for one that is, the girl, and you know what? She's a brat. I mean it, watch it and tell one thing about her that's likeable, cause all she did was bug my ass. The one thing i liked about the story was the idea of the demons (however he spells it), that was interesting, but nowhere near enough to save the film. My first film critique, woo!

After the film I went out to eat with Claire, Osama, Carol, Frenchie, Sarah and Daniel. Was my first time eating Indian, and I really liked it. Big thanks to Osama and Carol for organizing it, even though i know you didn't get the turnout that you wanted. Oh and props to Claire for her parking skillz ;P

I've recently joined facebook.... which goes to say i've been pillaged by a bunch of insane applications.... d'oh!

Happy New Year's to everyone!! Here's my last sentiment from 2007:





Out.

4 comments:

Simon said...

hi, yeah nothing to say about the film, didnt watch it, dont intend to, other cool films about.

Indian food never tasted it.

Videos, something goiong wrong can't see them

New year:
It was a good yeah on the whole i suppose. Glad we made it through another matt,
gbu

Anonymous said...

gr8 last films of 2007 xD
ah happy new of d yr hehe
^KaI^

Marquita said...

well, Matt, www.rottentomatoes.com gives the film a 42% rating (ie. it's a rotten movie). "The impressive visuals can't quite compensate for lax storytelling". You should check the site out before watching movies...it tells you whether they're good or not.

Anonymous said...

don't slag facebook!

top