C'MON!


Yup, after 4 months of getting my liscence, I finally got my new corsa. It's been the object of a lot of debate and arguement between me and my mom (who was kind enough to buy it for me), and now it'll be my object of paranoia for the next month or so. Still, a great car, I know I'm lucky that my parents are willing not only to spend, but trust me with something like this. Still trying to get used to having my own wheels though.... woo!

Right, quick re-cap on the weekend's events. Friday morning went up to De La Salle (me old school yar!) to meet teachers and the uppers and stuff. Was nice to see everyone again. It feels really weird though, the teachers all talk to you like you're on par with them, and the uppers only have a month of school left before they break for the A's... how time does fly... then again half of first year's already over!? Monkeys!! Anyways after that i had to go up to University for a lecture, went to Valletta after with mig, sim and my dad for a bite to eat, and went to community. Saturday morning i got the car (woo!), met the guys to practise for the talent show and had Mark's surprise party in the evening. Sunday went up to St Luke's for some tutoring from Joelle (thanks a mill jo) and went to watch Smoking Aces at the cinema in the evening (a film i definately recommend). Can you tell I've been busy?

I just got home around an hour ago, been at Uni all day... tired but i dont have any lectures tomorrow so ish goot. It's funny, i've always worked so hard to get into this course and now that i'm actually in it all i do is think and contemplate about dropping out and doing something else. It's not that the course bugs me, i guess its that i'm not used to this kind of studying where you basically have to research and get all the info yourself. That and the fact i always ask the question: If what i love is the arts (art, music, literature, history) then why on earth am i studying science? Well, i know that at my school we stopped having art in form 2, and well i was always good at science.... more than that i guess if what i did was art-related, then it'd become my work and i'd stop liking it so much. I dont know, and i might never find out. But i'm not complaining, I actually do like what i'm doing at the moment, whether i go through moods or not. And i'm getting to the point where i'm ready to get down and start doing some proper work done. Hoo-ah!

10 comments:

Jigsaw said...

Ah, how nice of you to have your own car. It's going to make it harder for me to follow you around now. You know that right?

In addition to that, I implore of you, have you given up on our little game Matthew? Where's that Urpani spunk I've grown to love?

Hint: I know why the lines on the road are yellow.

Please remember Matt, even when you guess who I am, you will still have to decipher and explain the hints.

Matt said...

Hmm, lines on the road are yellow.... ok i'm going with Allan on that one

Simon said...

Oh come on, lets drop out, we'll study art, build a company together with Mig handling our buisness, and screw education....

Carrot

Allan said...

About time too, I was getting tired of this.

And idea on the answers to the clues yet?

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

No dark sarcasm in the classroom, eh?

Hey whoo, Talent show? Details please.

Grats on the new Car, Urpani. And, er, I call you Urpani because I know a bunch of other Matts and it helps me give you an individual image in the old noggin. Yes? Yes.

Also, Allan... Matt Spunk? I can only say, "Uhm."

Allan said...

Time to explain the clues to your followers/readers Matt...
And for anyone listening, he didn't guess most of them, I had to explain most of them

Jenny said...

I Enjoy cake and pie with a hint of camel breast :)

You better start giving me lifts you fecker!

I love you though,
Can't wait to get out of auschwitz berkenau next month...

With lots of love and Cupcakes!

Jen

Sarah said...

Thanks for the blog Matt, don't think I could have got through the week if I had to type in your address and once again face rejection !!:) You really have to let me in on all this stuff you have going on in these comments, I can't understand half of it...oh and Simon...'screw education' slap me in the face why don't you... anyway I am back to my work...pfff

Bernie said...

ajma Matt...i actually had the same feeling when i was in first yr...the funny or crazy thing is...that i still do and im in 3rd year!!! dsh!!!
oh and btw...still waiting for a drive in ur new car... no more lifts now from pretty little me hihi...

top