From the head to the heart

Early post for me, I knows. But, notice in advance, I start first aid tomorrow (woo!) and after that i go to worship team, then thursday its off to Behavioural Sciences weekend, so no update before Friday folks.

Today I had planned to go and carry on with my studying in the library routine yes? This is how it went: I left the dissection practical after roughly 15 min cause well, we were blatently wasting our time. At this point i had a small headache, but i said i wanna study, i'll just ignore it. So i went up, sat down, and read Renal for about an hour and a half ( i did actually learn something, woo!). I closed the book at 5 30, ( i had planned to stay till 7). The reason for this being that my head seems to have developed an allergy to study and it was now complaining, and its complaints took the form of throbbing pain. So at this point i said screw it, i'm going home, i need panadols. So i got up, hopped in the car, prayed that there wouldnt be much rush hour traffic, and went home. By the time i got home, the throbbing pain had evolved to a form of stabbing. I had panadols, and tried to eat, but the ache soon put me off my food. In fact the only thing i found i could do was go and sleep. So i did.

Magically i woke up at 8, with that "who am i? where am i? nurf?" feeling. I'm pretty sure if i didn't get up at that point i would have slept right through the night. Anyway i got up and wandered around feeling like i was abducted by aliens for a while until the world started to make more sense. Damn weird. So not much work today, but heck, i have a good excuse.

I want to end with something me and Ally just talked about. Last time chris asked me (at least i think he did) how exactly to pray. This, i think, is the best way to explain it:
Praying is like spending time with some you really, really love. Sometimes you rabble on about anything and everything, sometimes you open your heart about what's troubling you or about what you're really excited about, and sometimes you just sit there and say nothing. Ultimately, its not what you say that's important, it's that you're there together, in each other's presence.

Out.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Yarr, sounds like you had a migrane attack. Maybe aliens are trying to raep your brain.

Glad to assume you're better, though.

I'm just gonna take this opporunity to publically thank you for helping me out with this prayer stuff.

Thanks dude o/

Simon said...

panadols...ppfff
u just need stronger brain control...ignore the pain..lol

Ally said...

U weren't DRIVING MAN! U were gently cruising in an alien spaceship ready to blow the death star blehhhh..... Oh well you seemed to be thinkin straight when we were on msn. I think u are right on this praying stuff - sitting there and saying nothing kinda take a break from my hectic life - listen to the noise rather than being part of it if u know what i mean..... Cheers Mattew gbin!

top