Much Ado about Nothing

It's a beautiful outside - the sun, the blue sky, the fact that it's 12:07 and I'm already at home. Had a couple of hours at the Rabat Health Centre this morning as part of our Family Medicine placements. The world of the GP is, well, chaotic and a little all over the place. That said, it's rather fun, if it wasn't for the seemingly 100-year old buildings the work often takes place in. I'm actually waiting for the GP I'm assigned to to call me any time this afternoon to join him on some home visits. It feels like I'm on call. Oh dear.

The Exploding Girl. The film itself seems very deep and slightly odd, so I doubt I'd be promoting it to anyone... except maybe Dan. Could be good though. But damn, I think that's a pretty awesome title right there.

I'm starting to realise that I'm running out of time to do things. Drea caught my attention when she told me she finishes school in about two weeks, which means the A levels arent that far away at all and I am yet to write a single essay. In the meantime poster designs and rehearsals for the Lenten Talks are being flung at me, all the while juggling placements, tutorials and assignments from Uni. I should write write an essay tonight. I shall attempt this.

I ordered C.S. Lewis' classic works as a boxset edition from bookdepository.com this week! *glee*

I've had a few thoughts on youtube vlogs recently. Thing is, the two I usually semi-follow (vlogbrothers and equals three) both seem to be disappointing me recently. I still check them, especially the latter, but many things are becoming old, stale, corny and frankly just not entertaining. Which reminds me I still need to check Jamie's. Maybe they just lose their appeal after a while. Or maybe my tastes are changing. I've completely stopped reading webcomics apart from the occassional threepanelsoul (which updates like once a month so it suits my purposes perfectly). Maybe I'm growing up... *shudder* Then again, all these things become immensely interesting during exam time. So maybe that's it.

Geek rant imminent.

I was playing Resident Evil 5 last night. I've been playing it on and off for eons now and I've got the last chapter left to finish. But you know what? I'm not particularly bothered. I've been a fan of the series roughly since the second game came out (which in my opinion was by far the best), but I don't like where the series has gone. Since Code Veronica onwards all you seem to need to do is shoot lots of monsters with big guns and tap buttons in cutscenes. It's alright for a while, the story being the main driving factor behind playing, but even that is fast becoming lame and predictable. If I wanted a good fast paced action game I'd play Killzone. Even Deadspace (which basically has the same dynamics) is more interesting cause at least that game's friggin creepy. Gone are the days of conserving ammo, dodging zombies, looking for clues and keys, solving puzzles, and, most of all, an intruiging story. Maybe it's been milked for all it's worth, but if so let it rest with pride. No matter how much I play I miss the days when zombies were more interested in eating your brains at a shuffle than reloading their AK's while jumping accross rooftops. It never quite feels the same as trying to get out of Racoon City.

Jim Morrison scares me.

Out.

3 comments:

Simon said...

liking comics and following vlogs is not the opposite of growing up :|
but =3 has been a bit disappointing lately.

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

top