Coldest Weekend Evar

So exams are over. I've spent the week doing nothing in terms of work, though it feels like it's been the busiest week of doing nothing for a while now. Currently sipping my tea, just finished packing for the community weekend which I will be leaving for in about an hour. The place is tiny and I foresee a bit of a fiasco. I shall laugh. And possibly point.

I fancy myself the next Jamie Oliver. I jest, I jest. But I have been cultivating an urge to get more into the cooking habit. Thanks to Krissie I'm rather familiar with good places to find recipes, such as Good Food, etc. etc. Not to mention Krissie herself. Just last Wednesday I made myself a ham and cheese omlete [we didn't have any mushrooms :( ] and french toast. No biggie, but coming from someone who's greatest accomplishment previously was pasta from a jar and the odd steak, it's progress. And well, I enjoy it.

Lent starts next week and this year I think I'm going to go pretty hardcore with my fast. I want to invest into this time to really go deeper spiritually. Which means I'm probably going to moan a lot. Inkeeping with this the Lenten Talks are coming up soon, as well as the InYgo fundraiser and Worship Central. This means lots of rehearsals. Then English A level. Not to mention the barrage of placements/assignments/tutorials/logbooks I have to contend with for my real course. This wasn't so inkeeping with that comment was it?

Google Buzz. Ray William Johnson put it as "A cross between Twitter and Facebook..... Twitface?". I think that's a pretty accurate description. Facebook I would probably not even use anymore if it wasn't for all the social organisation that takes place on it and that I get to look at people's photos. Twitter, though seemingly useless, I probably find the most fun of them all. Google buzz.... honestly, how much social networking does a person need to do? I say this, knowing that it's probably going to be one of my open bookmarks half the time. Oh hypocrisy!

Enjoy Carnival everyone!

Out.

0 comments:

top