Serious Business


"Where'd he go?"
"Down the alley, look."
"Oh right, now I see him. He can move pretty quickly when he wants to"
"Looks that way. Well, he's got the motivation to now. All he needed really."

The air tasted dank. It didn't smell of anything in particular, maybe a hint of tobacco flowing out of some old store. He licked his lips as the bitter steam washed across his face. He was moving fast now. Wall to pillar. Shadow to shadow. There wasn't any real need to hide, there wasn't anyone to see him. Not yet. There'd be noise. Lots of noise. That's what you remember after it's happened - the shouts, the confusion, the looks of surprise, quickly followed by intense, focused, anger. Keep moving, don't slow down. Keep going.

"D'you reckon he'll actually make it?"
"Not sure."
"Hang on, there they are! Look! There's about... twenty of them I think."
"Twenty two."
"Great. I was hoping it'd be more of a fair fight. It's hardly entertaining like this."
"Tell me about it. I've got a fiver that says he'll get through them in three."
"One and a half."
"You're on."

Out.

3 comments:

krissie said...

I. LOVE.

Seriously.

Simon said...

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.... it's me!!!!! is it? it could be. tell me it is

International Toll Free Number said...

Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post thank you once again.

top