An Itinerary: part 4

I sit on the floor of Mike's flat while 'With everything" plays in the background. Weather's currently quiet, and as usual everything's quiet. Well, with the exception of the occassional raven cawing on top of the window. They seem to be Germany's substitute for cats. Spent the last couple of hours after lunch watching band of brothers since going down to Konstanz wasn't worth it as we've got work at 7:30... ah work...

Night shifts. It's a little weird waking up around 11 o clock in the morning, lazying around for most of the day and then going IN for work at 7 30 at night. We've got our last one this evening, I might actually kind of miss them, I think only cause Chris lets us off at around 2am since things get a little slow at that point. The hospital's really quiet, and work depends on how many patients come in. Last night was amusing to say the least, had one delirious patient in who kept talking to himself very loudly in German and kept getting up and wandering around the emergency department. Then spent a good 2 hours waiting for Chris to try and convince an old lady to stay in hospital cause she had a serious condition. She wasn't listening much, which is weird after she came in by herself. Eh, patients...

Lanf and Annie came over from last Thursday to Monday. Man I laughed so much. I've already forgotten just what it's like when you put a lot of Maltese people together in one place. Went to Zurich on saturday and that was awesome, it was really cold and raining and in my opinion only made the city look so much cooler. Went to an art gallery and got to see some Van Gogh, Picasso, Monet and a host of other ones I've never hear of. Funnily enough I enjoy looking at the modern art more than the work of antiquity. I can't say why, it just stands out more. Oh and I got my fill of starbucks, gotta love them cinnamon rolls XD

So today week we'll be back, I'm looking forward to it to be honest. The trip's been good fun but at this point we've done and seen everything there is to see and do. Just a weekend and a week left of work. Oh and we learned how to operate a washing machine.I'm semi-independant now, I just need to figure out how to iron...

Out.

7 comments:

Lanfy said...

ahhhh i wana come back! if you want ill give you a crash course in ironing! soon back!

krissie said...

Machine machine: took you long enough.
Ahhh art museums. I took my art-nerd-superstar mini binoculars to see the Last Supper last week :) you would've been proud :)

nessa said...

I loved this blog, Its happy :D I think its important u come back now..were all missing u both too much :)

LG said...

yey... and i sgree with preferring the modern stuff antiquity .. you should have seen me zoom through the vatican, i hadn't ven realise we had passed raphael's rooms, and only slowed down when some modern sculptures greeted me....
missing you...
hugs
xxx

Kai said...

ur missing me i no i no :P
ah starbucks >< i want!
well ur more independant then me now..i cant do either xD
enjoy ur last week =)

Simon said...

read it...nothing much to say...
its hot here

Rachel said...

Mostly agreeing with simon, but i have to add that your spelling died some time in the last three weeks :P

top