Not of this world

Hey everyone. Since my last blog I've almost finished my physio project, hopefully will get it done today :) Anyways, I want to talk about yesterday...

Last night I wasn't in the mood for staying at home working on the project, so I decided to go to the mass meeting at the fosos with Simon, Lara, Angie and Sarah. It was quite fun, though I think the others thought I wasn't really enjoying it... actually I was taking it in for most of the time, I hadn't been to a mass meeting since I was little. Met a few people there like Brian, Doreen and Daniel, as well as Bianca, Andrea and co. Also saw Max, Danila and Emma, hadn't seen them in yeeeaaaarrsss! Insomma, waited aaages for Gonzi to come out, and once he did, waited ages for him to give it a rest. PN good, Sant bad, we know, we know. Jumped around like idiots a lot, espeically in the rain at the party after... which turned into more of a rave...

Now, I don't want to put down mass meetings or anything, but I reflected on something this morning. Thing is last night I felt weird being there, cause I've gotten so used to cheering and shouting and jumping for one thing - God. It was really strange to be there and seeing so many people going crazy for a guy in a suit... Don't get me wrong, I like Gonzi just as much as the next nationalist, and I know the party's done/doing a lot of good for the country. But still, cheering, jumping, shouting and all that still felt kind of.. empty. I remarked about it to Simon and he just said it's a bit of fun for it's own sake. I know that, and I'm not saying it's wrong. I just found myself wishing I could see people acting this way for God, becuase HE is who is worth our praise! It's so strange how people can get fanatical about political parties, even turning it into idolatry, and then be so indifferent to God. It shows the Devil's got his hands around thing Earth, and it's so sad...

I felt really out of place at one point, and I do kinda now, looking back on it. And you know what? I thank God for that. If you feel out of place on this Earth then that shows that you are searching for a home that is not of this Earth, and that is precisely how I feel, praise God! It may sound strange, but I hope all of you feel that way too, or come to, cause if you have met Jesus, if you've given your life to Him, you are not of this Earth.



Out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

next time come here and play playstation ... u would have felt at home for sure :P

Chris said...

A very well-written post! And I see your point.

^KaI^ said...

agreeing with Chris...its rlly well written hehe and i rlly no wat u mean cos i decided to go today and i was like just there..every1 around me jumping and im thinking wat is wrong with me? and now u made me realise hehe tnx matt :)
gbu

^KaI^ said...

agreeing with Chris...its rlly well written hehe and i rlly no wat u mean cos i decided to go today and i was like just there..every1 around me jumping and im thinking wat is wrong with me? and now u made me realise hehe tnx matt :)
gbu

Peter said...

hey, i really like the way u wrote things down and i think it shows a great sence of maturity and good priciples in ur life...i really commend you :) keep it up dude

top